Brothers and Sisters,
Before the election in November, the State had provided a list of bargaining proposals to CWA which would have rolled back several sections of the contract, including PARs, removed workplace dignity from the contract, and other issues. We discussed many of these bogus proposals in previous bargaining updates.
As you know, Governor Murphy took office January 16. Both CWA and the State have acted quickly since that time to get negotiations back on track and to clear roadblocks the Christie administration left in our path. CWA’s top priorities for our state executive branch membership are to settle our long-expired contract and resolve the dispute over stalled increments as quickly as possible.
Are you or a family member attending college next Fall? If so, you don’t want to miss out on any of these scholarship opportunities offered by our partners in the Labor Movement! If you or one of your children are attending or planning to attend a college, a university or a technical school, you may be eligible for one of these scholarships.
Please check back here as we will add more scholarship opportunities as they become available.
- Applications for the Monmouth and Ocean County Central Labor Council Scholarship are due April 3, 2018. Click here to download the application.
- Applications for the Bergen County Central Trades and Council Ed Purtill Scholarship applications are due April 14, 2018. Click here to down the application.
- Applications for the Bergen County Central Trades and Council Abe Solomon Scholarship applications are due April 14, 2018. Click here to down the application.
- Applications for the Essex-West Hudson Central Labor Council Scholarship are due April 16, 2018. Click here to download the application.
- Information about CWA’s Beirne Foundation scholarship is available here. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2018.
- Information about Union Plus Scholarships can be found here. The deadline for this application is January 31, 2018.
Join your union sisters and brothers from CWA Local 1037 as we march in solidarity with the Women’s March on New Jersey in Morristown on Saturday, January 20th, 2018. CWA is once again proud to stand in solidarity with activists from across the country to call for protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families—and to elect women to local and national offices in 2018!
We will meet at 10:00 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 3 Speedwell Avenue, Headquarters Plaza (indoor parking, self-pay), Morristown, NJ. The hotel is also within walking distance of public transportation via bus and train.
Let us know if you’re coming. Click here to join us.
We will march from the hotel to join the rally and march at the Morristown Green at 10:30 a.m. SHARP. The march will conclude at 1:00 p.m.
Please note: Dress warmly, wear comfortable shoes, and make your own lunch arrangements.